In order to be eligible for The Transition Year Program (TYP), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of Aboriginal Ancestry.
- A mark of at least 50% in required high school courses.
- Overall average of at least 60% in required high school courses. A minimum average of 65% is required for Science, Engineering, Physical Education and ALES.
- A minimum mark of 65% in English 30-1 is considered competitive.
Please review the following documents before applying to the Transition Year Program.
- Entrance Requirements
- Additional Information
If you are from Nunavut or NWT, your courses are the same as Alberta. Please refer to the section above.
If you are applying from another province, please review the following information before submitting your application:
- Out of Province Equivalencies
- Section 14.1.3 of the University of Alberta Calendar for information pertaining to the program.