The Transition Year Program application for Fall 2017 admission is now closed.
Step 1: Understand admission requirements
Make sure you understand and will meet the admission requirements for the program route you are applying for. English 30-1 or equivalent is required for all program routes. More information on admission requirements is available here
Step 2: Understand the requirements of the application
There are four types of documents you will need to submit with your application:
- Letter of intent
- Documentation of all previous education
- Letters of reference
- Proof of Aboriginal identity
All documents must be submitted as readable scans/photocopies of documents. All documents must also follow the specified file naming system as outlined in the TYP Application Checklist
Download the TYP Application Checklist
Step 3: Prepare
- Start the process early. Speak with potential references about preparing their letters of support, and work on the personal information that is required.
- Go through the checklist and ensure you complete all of the items.
- Once you have gathered all necessary documents and information, assemble the information in one place electronically, ideally on the computer you will be using to fill out the online application form.
Step 4: Submit
- Set aside 15 - 20 minutes to fill out the online application. Once you begin the online application, you will not be able to save and return to your application later.
- Access the online application form and submit. If you chose to email, mail, fax, or submit in person any of your documents, your application will remain incomplete until you do so.
The Fall 2017 TYP application is now closed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 780-492-5677.